Tuesday, May 7, 2013

2013 Dickie Scramble Results


First some pictures...




















Here are the finishers for whom I have ride times (a couple snuck in without a recorded time)

Long-

Trevor Olson  7:16
Drew Wilson  7:16
Michael Moriarity 7:17
Jeff Bushendorf 7:23
Roger Paranteau 7:24
David Strachan  8:16
Philip Carlton 8:32
Jonas Nygard 8:32
John Hoch  8:33
Bryce Rasmussen 8:39
Ken Earley 8:39
Ben Oney 8:39
Joe Kjeer 8:51
Stephen Wilson 8:51

The groups other than Trevor and I tied so far as I know.  If you guys sprinted each other, you know who won.  Congratulations to all finishers!  I would be remiss if I did not mention that not only did Trevor win this thing, but he then sat down and finished "The Frankenstein".

Short-

Joshua Stamper 4:51
Al Iverson 4:51
Sam St. Pierre 4:51
Ted Loosen 4:55
Doug Nixon 4:55
Tom Puzak 5:26
Justin Bakken 5:26
Brett Swenson 5:33
Matt Johnson 5:42
Joe Pahr 5:44
Kevin Clark 5:44
Jose Perez 5:44
Nate Powell 5:51
Galen Murray 6:03
Samuel Hughes 6:09
Doug Krone 6:11
Robert Tuma 6:13
Scott Harstedt 7:11
Troy Lawrence 7:11
Andrew Wickenheiser 8:33
Shawn Polson 9:07

DNFs will not be listed.  Once again I don't know about the order on the ties other than for the top 5.


Here is my personal blog "write-up"  at rideonpurpose.  If you have one I would love to link it as well.

This would not have happened without some awesome volunteers.  Thanks Mom and Dad, Kim, Chris and James.  

I had a great time.  It was stressful having to change the route last minute, but truly do not think it would have been safe to cross the rapids that was raging Sunday morning.  That said, it was that incredibly fast melt that saved this whole thing.  Never on Thursday morning would I have expected to have such dry, fast gravel three days after over a foot of snow.   Everyone who trusted my updates and still came and rode truly is tough and deserved the excellent conditions.

I heard nothing but good things about all the riders from the Huddle.  I will not change that aspect of this event for next year, nor anticipate doing so in the future.  I'm grateful to the Huddle for their support and excellent food.  Thanks Dawn and the rest of the crew at the Huddle.

The potluck food thing for the checkpoint seemed to work out great from my end.  

Also, the lengths/format meant a nice group of people in the Huddle trading stories together at the end of the day.

Changes I am contemplating:

The route will likely take the 'short' course riders to Wabasha and back and only the 'long' course riders will mess with going into the Whitewater area.

It won't flood so much and it will be dryer such that many more MMRs and back roads will be available.

I would prefer not to have it on this particularly weekend-  will likely move it forward one or two weeks based on the mountain bike and road schedule.

please share feedback on the above or anything else




1 comment:

  1. Yeah, this would be good Ken Woods prep besides being the best race I've done this year. Better than any road race Drew. Thanks for the fun, the focus on food and friends, and all the time you put into making safe and organized. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete