Sunday, April 27, 2014

2014 Dickie Scramble Thoughts

Beautiful weather for the second year in a row.  Hoping that luck holds going forward!  We will likely be on Sunday of the same week next year.


I had a great time and hope that each and every one of you did as well.  There are a few things I will change for next year based on feedback already received and new roads already found.  In fact, two new routes are on my mind.   One goes north and the other stays east.  The formula will remain the same but expect more of the good stuff.  This length event worked out beautifully from a riding and logistics standpoint.  My focus will not change from being entirely on creating an inspiring route, a potluck checkpoint and an environment to hang out at the finish.  JJ's Tailgators was excellent too, to say the least.

Brandon K won overall with Megan Barr taking the women's side. 



Brandon also had the fastest overall time on our strava KOM challenge, particularly thanks to the withering attack he put in on the segment "Reverse 2013 Dickie" which left yours truly eating dust.  I heard that Randall Dietel rode hard all day and his aggression, if nothing else, deserves a mention. "Full" results will come soon in list form.


I want to thank each of you, my volunteers and JJ's Tailgators.

The total 'cost' of this thing was ~2 tanks of gas, $66 for 3 reusable 5 gallon water jugs, whatever the ink and paper was worth for our signs/result board/cue cards plus a few phone calls.  I got out much more than I put in. 

I'm now turning my attention now to the Great Pasty Chase a route which puts the scenery here to shame.  The Gorge and Snake Track up there are the stuff of my dreams. Final recon of that will take place over memorial day weekend.  

I've heard some rumblings regarding an additional event or two (possibly on a route of my creation),  Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment